If you are looking for quality and the best merino wool clothing for your outdoor adventures, then you are at the right spot. Let us introduce you to Kosha, a pro-nature winter and travel wear brand that is eco-conscious, and designed and manufactured in India.
Table of Contents
Why choose Kosha? Best Merino wool clothing brand in India
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click one of them, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Kosha is built for adventurers and travelers from all over the world. They manufacture sustainable, accessible and fashionable outdoor clothing for men, women, and children. Their top clothing lines are made of Merino wool and bamboo, which are 100% natural fabrics.
These fabrics are kinder, gentler on your skin, and are also biodegradable. Kosha sources materials from ethical sources. They stand by their product quality, and if at all there are any issues, all of their products are repaired free of charge – lifetime guarantee!
We admire Kosha for their eco-conscious line of products. Most importantly, they are also providing employment women in India (their team is made of 80% women).
Kosha collections are technical in nature and are designed without compromise on quality and comfort. Their ski collection and, winter wear has been loved in the Himalayan treks, Yosemite National Park, and all the way to Antarctica. Many of their products are also perfect for everyday travel, or work (like classic pullovers).
Their rainwear has been real-life tested in the monsoons of India and across the globe. Kosha’s soft sweatshirts and bamboo fiber pullovers are perfect for the Canadian fall or light winter months in Indian western states. You will also find an array of accessories (from stoles, beanies) to make a style statement, yet remain cozy and comfortable.
Who is the founder of Kosha?
Kosha was born in 2017 under the leadership of Yuktie Jhangiani. She is a third-generation entrepreneur. She revamped her family business which has been a pioneer in winter wear in India since 1996.
Yuktie is also an adventure junkie, an avid hiker and a certified mountaineer.
Top Products from Kosha: Invest in the best merino wool clothing
Kosha Base layers
Kosha’s base layers are softer than traditional thermals, they are antibacterial, and are tested under extreme temperatures from -20°C to 15°C. They are available in short sleeves, long sleeves tops, and leggings.
Their climate calibration feature makes it ideal for countries with central heating, as it is moisture-wicking and will lower the risk of you catching a chill.
It is made from a soft and new age nanotech fibre, unlike old school itchy wool. The fabric is a blend of 47.5% Merino Wool, 47.5% Bamboo, and 5% Elastane.
Just a few features of Kosha’s Base Layers are
- Designed to air dry, the fabric composition allows one to wear it for 7 to 10 days at a time without washing.
- It is machine washable, however, ‘gentle’ setting is recommended.
- It can be washed by hand.
- Available for men and women in regular and plus sizes, as well as for kids.
Here is what Rebecca has to say from StickyLittleLeaves,
“My Kosha gear has taken me from Ladakh to Yosemite to the highlands of Kenya. I am so in awe of the strong women behind the company and feel empowered to test my limits in the wilderness and beyond thanks to Kosha. May you continue to equip people with the gear and ethos they need to be courageous with their lives!”
Products: Merino wool bamboo thermal
Location: Ladakh, Yosemite, and Kenya
Temperature: -10°C to 15°C
Kosha Puffer Jackets
Kosha Puffer Jackets are an amazing outdoor companion. It includes a variety of ergonomic features.
Usually, Puffer Jackets are insulated with down feathers, a practice Kosha firmly says NO to! Kosha Puffers are insulated with equally warm Polyfill fibers. This in turn also makes Kosha Puffers better than the usually heavy and bulky traditional Puffer jackets.
Kosha’s jackets are lightweight and can be packed in a pouch. Some of the jackets come with fleece lining and some without; and depending on your preference and temperature range, you can opt for the Kosha jacket of your choice.
- Jackets made of 20D Nylon, 120GSM Synthetic Filling, with Satin taffeta lining
- Wash Care: Dry Clean only
Sukrit – Co-founder of 4Play tested Kosha products on various expeditions, and here is what he says,
“Safe to say that I have put the product to the use that it is meant for. One, it kept me dry and two it kept me warm. And holds its shape even to this day. Also, with the outer shell, it is one of my favorite things to put on for casual strolls in often chilly Manali weather. What I love most about this product is the color. Its texture is soft and a staple for Manali weather.”
Products: Puffer jackets, caps, socks, Merino bamboo base layer
Location: Biking trip to Chandratal and Spiti Valley, Mt. Kanamo (5939 m) and Mt. Yunam (6111 m), multiple other treks to the glacial Alias lake, Bhrigu lake and Khn Pri tibba (4000 m)
Temperature: -5°C to 10°C
Designed for long treks, the advantages of Kosha’s socks are manifold. Its fabric composition allows it to be breathable.
It features arch support, has softer skin-friendly ribs, and cushioned reinforcements with meshed zones which makes it ideal for travels that involve long walks or uncertain terrain.
These socks do not slip, thus making it the ideal activewear choice in colder temperatures.
- Socks are made of Merino wool with Nylon for quick drying and Elastane for the stretch
- They are machine washable, however, ‘gentle’ setting is recommended. It can be washed by hand.
Sanket Dhotre @sanket_8848, this is what he says,
“Had a wonderful experience using the Kosha winter clothing during our Himalayan expedition to Mt. CB 13 in the Manali region. Puffer jackets, hardshell layers, fleece jackets, socks were all so reliable and warm enough that we could walk around our camps in moderate to heavy winds. Thank you.”
Products: Puffer, hardshell jacket, hardshell waterproof pants, caps, technical socks
Location: Mt. CB 13 in the Manali region
Temperature: -10°C to 0°C
Touch Enabled Gloves
Kosha’s Touch Enabled Gloves are a great pick for dry winters. Crafted from soft Merino wool, the special conductive thread is interwoven with the wool on the tips of the index finger and thumb, making the use of touch screen devices like mobiles, laptops, cameras much easier.
- The gloves are designed for simplicity while providing protection from the cold.
- They can be worn with formal or casual outfits and are suitable for temperatures between 0°C and 15°C.
- These are perfect winter for photographers, business travelers, explorers and content creators.
Available in a variety of colours, Kosha’s Merino Wool Unisex Reversible Beanies are the perfect addition to your winter wardrobe. Bright colour pops, smart patterns or classic neutrals, take your pick!
They are great as they are reversible and adjustable in length. The double-layered soft knit woollen beanie can be layered with hooded jackets or worn as is, to keep your ears warm.
These beanies not only look great, but they are also perfect for activities like biking in the streets of Copenhagen, hiking in Jasper National Park, or simply going about your everyday tasks in the colder months.
- The 100% pure Merino wool’s soft texture and in built moisture wicking properties make it easy to maintain even after long duration of wearing it.
- Suitable for -5°C to 8°C.
One of the most popular Kosha product collections is their waterproof clothing range.
It is crafted for extreme winter sports like summit treks, skiing, snowboarding, etc. Lifestyle users also get a rich choice at an affordable cost.
Kosha Ski Jackets and Ski Pants can be worn beyond the winter season as rainwear.
These jackets have proven their esteemed quality in the torrential Indian Monsoons and has been real-life tested at Antarctica, Everest Base Camp, Gulmarg to name a few. Features like vents, cinch corded hoodies, zip pockets, taped seams make it comfortable and useful.
- Material: Nylon fabric with a waterproof rating of 10000mm and breathability rating of 500gm/m2
- Wash Care: Dry Clean Only
Where to purchase Kosha Merino Wool Clothing?
- Online: You can shop online at www.kosha.co
- All products are shipped within 12-24 hours of receiving orders. Products are delivered via Blue Dart, First Flight, and FedEx and it can take up to 10 working days for delivery.
- Return Policy: 15 days for refunds or return
- Kosha ships internationally and also offers free shipping within India.
- Packaging: Kosha provides biodegradable packages and fabric e-commerce packaging, in an effort to reduce the carbon footprint of their products
Kosha is an eco-conscious brand that manufactures one of the best winter wear. We hope you will consider Kosha’s range of durable, thoughtfully designed, technical travel and winter wear for your next outdoor adventure!
Additional Buying & Gift Guides
- Lululemon: Guide to Canadian brand – Lululemon’s travel clothes
- Daypacks: Best daypacks for hiking and travel
- Hiking backpacks: Budget hiking backpacks
- Expat Gifts: Gifts for friends & family moving abroad
- Hiking Gift Guides: Top picks for hikers and outdoor lovers